Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Meet the Parents

Okay, tomorrow should be interesting. We are having an Open House at our school. Typically, this means that we give a 20 minute presentation to the parents of our students. They all come dressed to the 9s in suits and Prada this and Gucci that. So this means that all the teachers need to "dress for success", aka wear a suit. Do I own one? Nope... well, didn't until tonight. I rushed into Itaewon to find that my favourite lady's store wasn't open and I new that my favourite adjushi was having his store remodeled... argh! So I hopped over to my most-unfavourite lady to see what suits and insults she had going. But to my surprise, the new favourite lady was moving her shop over there!!! Woo hoo!!! She found me a dark grey suit with a pinstripe in it. The pants are very wide-legged and the jackets is more cropped and fitted. Makes me a little slimmer, I think. I still need to drop like 100lbs, but looking good... Of course, while in there, I couldn't help but see the nice linen tunics she had and the new workout pants... dag-nab-it. Oh well, I'm happier and spent less than I budgeted for just the suit. So, I can be proud in my cheap but decent fitting suit tomorrow evening when I meet the Prada Parents :), knowing that I have 2 shirts and a pair of pants to boot! hee hee

1 comment:

AprilMay said...

I just charged $200 worth of new clothes to fit my um, newly fatter self, and I haven't told THE HUSBAND yet. Maybe he won't notice. Maybe I can distract him.
The most funnest part is, if Curves ever DOES work, I can buy ALL NEW clothes in a few months! Let us know how Parent thingy goes!I will email you about pen pals...school doesn't start for me until next week.