Sunday, August 20, 2006

Thoughts on church

I don't know what has come over me, but I just don't want to go to church these days. It doesn't have anything to do with my faith at all... I still believe and love God so much, I just don't feel the need to go to church. I tried really hard this summer to get really involved in serving and helping out but I just couldn't seem to get connected the way I wanted to. I don't know. I loved being of use and serving the people in the church and giving back to God but I still felt like I didn't belong or something. I've really struggled to develop close relationships with people at church and that makes it hard for me to want to go there. I mean, I have always loved church for the worship and the fellowship with other believers, but lately I feel like there is no connection at all. I don't know. It has been 3 weeks since I last went and, you know what, I've really enjoyed the quiet, peaceful time at home. But I feel a little guilty not going, like I'm a bad Christian or something... I don't know. Maybe it is time to look for a different church, or maybe I should not beat myself up about this and take a little time for myself. Like a vacation from church (not God... just church). I don't know... random thoughts...

1 comment:

AprilMay said...

I feel like that often! Think about the early history of the church...created to care for each other, encourage each other, learn from each other. I usually get that from a women's bible study more than I do church. :( It's very hard for me to find a church I am comfortable in!