Saturday, August 05, 2006

Flower Market Fights

So my friend Chris and I decided that our apartments were in need of something green. I have a car, so I volunteered to drive... because, knowing Chris, we were getting BIG plants. Well, the flower market at Yangjae is basically a series of green houses and with the heat wave, it was like a sauna in there. Maybe the most beautiful sauna with all the rows of orchids and other plants. We wandered around for over an hour, pricing the plants we liked and seeing what we wanted. The one shop we went to said that they use VISA but then her machine broke and neither of us had any cash (payday is still more than a week away). So we wandered and sweated a little more and then found almost the same plants at another stall. Her machine worked like a charm! So, plants purchased and loaded onto a trolley, we were happy, hot and sweaty. Now, it is important to note that up to this point we had only seen one other customer in the market. The adjushi asked where the car was parked so he could help us take the plants there and I (without thinking or looking, and with BIG plastic plant bases in my hands) motioned in the general direction of the car. And that is when I heard it... CRACK... I thought I'd hit a tree or a poll or something, but it never entered my mind that it was the side of some Korean girl's face!! Yes, that is right, I clocked a stranger in the flower market for no reason. Poor thing. I am sure it hurt like crazy. I apologised of course, but she wasn't having it. She just stood there and said nothing to anyone. Even her friend tried to tell me it was okay and not my fault (um... yes, it was my fault... but it was an accident). Poor woman. So the lesson here is that the next time you go to the flower market (wherever you live) don't go swinging plant bases around! Although, to be really truthful... part of me wanted to laugh after I hit her. It was like payback for all the whining I've endured from Korean women over the past 7 years... but I know that isn't right and I'll have to seek forgiveness for my evil thoughts later... hee hee

Ciao

No comments: