Tuesday, August 15, 2006

bottoms

Again, don't get any saucy ideas folks... just a question that popped into my brain today...

What do you do when the bottom drops out? I mean, when you feel the rug underneath your feet move, and not in a good way...

Today, I got some news that was shocking and I really feel like, for just a second, I could feel the rotation of the earth. It was odd. It actually wore me out. The emotional stress, which incidentally was not mine to have necessarily, made me sick to my stomach and so tired. I spent the day in coping mode and it was weird.

I know, I know... pray. Okay, did that, didn't feel better. Wait... talk to someone you say? Yup, got that covered, but it made me feel worse. I found that talking to those directly involved was gut wrenching at first but brought me the most peace in the end. But I am still exhausted. Just a good thing I had the day off today.

So, think about it. How would you handle it when the bottom drops out? Because it does all the time... when someone close dies, when you argue with a loved one over something serious, when someone you love goes away for a long time, when there is divorce in your family or close friendships, when a job is lost, or you fail at something you thought you could do. Today I learned that I am not as strong as I thought, which was a lot weaker than some of you thought I was... so be careful... but also know that there is always a way up and out of the bottomless pit!! *^^*

Ciao

3 comments:

AprilMay said...

Denial is usually my drug of choice. Darling, you're not sick are you?? Now I'm all worried and stuff. Reassure me!

Anonymous said...

yes are you ok? i am worried too. i read your blog everyday, i´m such a fan!

Katrina said...

I curl up in a ball and cry...doesn't really help the situation though LOL.

Sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time. Hope you are OK. Email if you need to chat.