Thursday, August 10, 2006

First Days and Technology

Much less interesting title isn't it? But that is how interesting my day has been. Today was the last day to prep before the little darlings come into class for the first time. I just found out that I have identical twins in my class (April, did you read that, this time I have them both!!) and also the most energetic child from the kindergarten. It's going to be interesting to say the least. I joked with colleagues today that I may need to tattoo the forehead of one of the twins just to tell them apart because their parents like to dress them identically as well. *sigh* I know, I know, once I get to know them, their personalities will set them apart. But until then? Maybe not a permanent tattoo, just a jiffy marker one.

The other part of my title has to do with school as well, but the lovely technology of it all. Last year before we left we were told to make sure to save our files on the fileserve bank and I did (at least I am sure that I did, I had so much work on there... work I was COUNTING on being able to use again). When I got back, I checked and all my documents were there... yippee!! right? No. The next day, I boot up the computer again and go hunting for my gorgeous newsletter that my friend April developed and I pirated and have used now for over 2 years. Lo and behold!!! All my documents have been erased. Yup, every single one of them. Overnight, blink, just like that. *sigh* Technology is my friend, technology is my friend, technology is my friend. If I make that my new mantra, will it be true? How many times must I chant it in order for it to be true?
Well, in times like these all I can think of to do is make a joke, smile or laugh. No point in having a mental breakdown... no, no... we save those for when our laptop dies in the middle of our multi-media masters course (like mine did in June). Okay, enough ragging on tech... if I keep it up, my smart new computer will figure out what I am saying and go on strike. Then I'll really be up you-know-what creek without a paddle.

Ciao.

1 comment:

AprilMay said...

OK dear; I will send you a new newsletter! Do you want it in Publisher or Word? :)
Both twins huh? Well, maybe they are BOTH the "good one" ha ha ha!
BTW, I am going to teach 2nd grade now, but we can still do pen pals since your darling first grade Asians are about at the same level as my darling second grade American duckies.
I will look at your code again and see if I can find your link problem!