Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lesson Learned

SO this morning, I get up at the crack of dawn to get ready for the Terry Fox Run here in Seoul. Yup, that's right... there is a Terry Fox run here and it is HUGE!! All the money goes to local cancer research and thousands of people come out. It's really great and it is the second year I have done it in Korea. And this time I was ready to run, so I was all excited about the run. I got up, got ready and then debated on taking and small bad or not for my phone and Ipod. I decided against it because it would be annoying. Instead, I took a light hooded jacket with pockets. Well, it got warm and the jacket ended up tied to my waist by the time I was ready to start. I actually ran almost to the half point when my breath and shinsplints got to be too much. So I slowed down and grabbed for my very expensive, very new cell phone to check the time. WHat!? No phone!?!? Crap! Fortunately, one of the new teachers was with me and we went back to look, so we walked all the way back to the start and didn't find it, so we walked all the way to the half way point and back again. Then I borrowed someone's phone and called my phone. Someone picked it up on the run and turned it in to a photographer who held it for me until I got there. Blessings!! I was so thankful... but the lesson, you ask? Take the bag, dummy, take the bag!!

1 comment:

AprilMay said...

Fun! Where in Seoul is the run? You are lucky you got that phone back girl!
Hey we wrote to our penpals on Oregon-y postcards. I can put them in a care package. What do you want? Halloweenie candy? Lil pumpkins? Other stuff? :)
CONGRATS on beating SFS!! YAY!