Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas and all that jazz...

So Christmas has come and gone... Christmas Eve around here was a bit of a pain in the arse... my parents succumbed to the stress and just got annoyed with each other which left a feeling of tension rather than peace in the air. That is always worth the 10 hour flight and $1,700 in cash that you pay to get here!! *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* Oh well, that stuff happens to the best of us from time to time.
Christmas Day was different though, they worked side-by-side in the kitchen to produce an AMAZING meal for me, my grandmother, my two friends (Eric and Flora) and their friend Kiyo. It was a blast. We all sat around, ate and drank and told stories about our lives. I think my friends were a little overwhelmed though. It was their first real Canadian Christmas... and in this house that means a drink in hand at all times (usually with something in it at all times... aka booze) and food at every turn. Needless to say, it was jovial.
Then today was Boxing Day.... always fun. Mom and I spent some time hanging out, another family friend dropped by for a drink and dinner (which turned into more drinks as well) and more stories of the past and the present.
I think that might be one of the things that I enjoy most about this season... time spent with friends, family... remembering the best parts of the past, the best parts of the people around you and the best parts of the present. It really is a beautiful time.
I hope you all (my loyal two readers... thanks Kris and April *^^*) had a great holiday and that you took as much joy as I have so far!!!

Ciao!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Merry Christmas Ang! Or Merry Post-Christmas Ang! What fun to surprise your mom like that...I'm not allowed to do that anymore, my mom said I'll give her "the big one" one day.

AprilMay said...

You can't have a proper Christmas w/out at least one fight! ;) After being married for 16 years, I can choose between:

Fighting over decorating
Fighting over unauthorized present buying
Fighting over visitations
Misc. fighting

This year, it was "unauthorized present buying".

Lucky you; staying until the 12th! I have to start work on Jan 2nd!

Katrina said...

Hey, what am I? Chopped liver? LOL. :) OK, with the baby, I don't read as regularly as I might like, but I try to keep up with your life. :)

Sounds like you had a pretty good Christmas, despite your parents bickering (that is a staple at my house too LOL).

Happy new year!