Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Shanghai in a blur!

So this last weekend I went to Shanghai, China for a whirlwind of professional development. You can stop rolling your eyes already!! I did go there for a series of workshop sessions about the Primary Years Programme. It is part of the International Baccalaureate programme that is slowly taking many schools by storm. It was an intensive introduction to the elementary part of the programme. I was in Shanghai for 3 nights. It was super busy. I had very little time for anything outside of the classes. We had a social event the one night with the other delegates, so that was good. It was a great way to network and meet new people as well as see the city. Of course, I forgot my camera so I really only have a few shots on my camera phone. I think I can download them, so I will try. The other main night being there was spent hanging out with my friend Rachel who lived here last week. It was great to see her and have her show us around a little!!
My overall impression of Shanghai was that it is a cool place to visit, but that I DO NOT ever really want to live there. The pollution was horrendous... I could barely breath and I am used to Seoul air!

No comments: