Friday, November 10, 2006

Ah... the single life!

You know, I am 31 years old and almost all of my friends that are my age are married or in relationships right now. Part of me thinks that sucks, and then the other part of me (the sensible, less emotional part) thinks "good for them, better for me!" I think the reason why it sucks sometimes is because I get tired of being the single third wheel sometimes. I mean, I really and truly enjoy my friends' spouses or relationship partners. They are all good people and we have fun when we hang out, but I can't help but feel a little left out. And then when I have an opportunity for a relationship, I either muck it up or run the other way... or my personal favorite, I run head-long into it and he runs the other way!! Ha ha ha! Oh well, what can you do. Isn't there that saying that all good things come to those who wait? Question is: How long do I gotta wait to get the good stuff?!
Actually, for the most part I enjoy being single, I'd mostly want a relationship just for the companionship, you know... someone to travel with, cook dinner with and just hang out with. Again, all good things to those who wait... and I am still waiting so I KNOW it is gonna be REALLY GOOD when it gets here!!! hee hee.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh, I hear ya. I also have really longed for companionship for such a long time. Hopefully one day. In the meantime, you are always welcome to come hang out with this single gal!

PS thanks for the postcard!! :)

Kristen said...

The funny thing here is: Jonathan and I are the only married couple here...all of our good friends are single and not seeing anyone...what does that say about us? Actually, I want to know what that says about these Maritime men because they are missing out on some good women here!