Sunday, November 12, 2006

Almost missed it...

I've been so incredibly busy and insane with all the stuff that I have going on that I almost missed it. I almost missed fall in Korea. Korea gets notorioulsy short fall and spring seasons, so if you blink too long or stay inside too much, you might miss it. And I almost missed fall this year. But today, as I rode the bus home from nabbing a few little gifties for my friend Sharon, I saw it. I saw the gorgeous yellows of the ginko trees, the bright oranges of the persimmons and the misxed reds, oranges and browns of the rest of the trees. It was so pretty but almost done... imagine if I'd taken my head out of the books or away from stressing over every little thing just a few weeks earlier... I could have enjoyed it all. But, at least I got to see some of it... Must sound silly to most of you, but if you are visual like I am, then you know that seeing the change of a season is wonderful and leaves an impression in your mind... something I don't want to miss!!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Fall is my favourite season! I love walking in the crisp fall air with the crunch of fallen leaves beneath your feet!

AprilMay said...

I'm glad you saw it! Last fall, my first year back in the states, I was GIDDY about fall. I DANCED in the leaves. I THREW the leaves at the students in my class. I FROLICKED. It is a long season here in southern Oregon, (or what the locals call, "Califorgon") and JUST BREATHTAKING.
MISS YOU! I'll let you know when I get The Box! I am so excited!