Saturday, February 03, 2007

Rough week...

So today I was suposed to try out snowboarding for the first time ever.... I was nervous but excited... and then in came the call. One of my students, her dad passed away. The mom asked me to please come to the funeral, which is not the same as in western cultures. I couldn't refuse, my student asked for me specifically. So I went. It was so sad... my student is just 7 years old. Her dad isn't that much older than me and he suddenly passed from cancer. I can't image being that young and without a dad. It sure makes me appreciate my blessed childhood and life so much more. I offered to do what I could for the mother... she is just about the sweetest lady ever. My student said we were like sisters and in a strange way I felt like we were. Those of you who were praying and sending your thoughts, thank you. I believe that the dad went quickly and with less pain because of them... I also believe that the family has more comfort because of them. Keep praying for this family, it is a tremendous loss.

1 comment:

AprilMay said...

I'm so sorry! My class prayed for the family on Friday. We will continue to pray! I am glad the mom has a friend like you. :)
PS...if Tristan can snowboard, you certainly can!!